Monday, April 30, 2007

I've been working on my academic presence on the web

very much a work in progress.
But check it out, if you wish. Some of what I've been working on is up there, and more will be added later.

A few weeks ago, I participated in a poster session at CUNY. Because of closeness to the deadline, I made my poster as a series of PowerPoint slided.

My poster is about creating a bitext transliteration corpus for Babylonian Talmud. You can follow find it on that webpage, or see it here.

It only looks good in Internet Explorer, not Firefox, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On the subject of talmudic transliterations...there is a phrase that appears in baba metziah ספק הנוח. Everybody pronounces it (including rabbis scroll and shteinzaltz) as hinuach. This however does not seem to be a hebrew word. I thought that is a was a nif'al form similar to the words hiqsoth and hitoach which appear in metzorah and therefore should be pronounced safeq hinoach...
There aren't that many people around that are would be interested in this observation...what do you think?

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin